Thursday, January 6, 2011

Old thoughts

Happy New Year everyone!   I was sitting here thinking "Gee you are being abnormally quiet these days" I decided that I would pull up one of my drafts and post it, regardless of what it was.  So here you go. 

I used to think I could save the world and everyone in it.  Whenever someone did not respond positively to that I would beat myself up.  I do not do that anymore.  A few years ago I began to learn how to detach from others lovingly, I am still not a pro and sometimes I will just shut the offenders out, but I can admit I have faults and I am working on it. 

I finally understand that I cannot save the world, I can only help those who wish to be helped and teach those who wish to learn.

If I waste energy being upset about someone's behavior, I take energy away from me. 

If I sit and stew or talk negatively about someone, I damage myself, no one else but me.

What can I do, I can forgive the person that hurts me or my family and take the occurrence and use it as a teaching moment for myself or my children at a later time.  I can chose to not feed into someones weaknesses and focus on my own strengths.

I can remember that it is just energy and not personal and teach that to those effected by the other persons behavior.

You know what?  So can you. 

Here is to hoping 2011 is everything people are saying it will be, a year or shifting and change to better us all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment