Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Reiki


Have you ever wondered what is Reiki? Have you ever asked someone what it is?

I would bet that if you have asked you have gotten this response

Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea that "life force energy" flows through all things.”   I got this from my website but have seen it lots of places. 

After receiving that information did you just say    “Oh”’  ?

I laugh as I type because I have seen it, someone asks me and I get all excited and passionate and quote things I have learned and tell them stories about sessions, all the while the person is looking at me like “really Tam just give me what I want to know, how does it work”  …… hmmm… “well it unblocks clogged up energy in your energy body and regular sessions can be a great part of your wellness plan.”  Again I laugh, I have ideas and thoughts of how and why I think Reiki works but I will be damned if I can articulate it on the spot.  J Heck I am having a tough time now and this is supposed to help clarify it! 

Reiki is what is all that I have stated above, but what is more important is what it can do for you.   

Reiki = Relaxation

I have been told by my hospice patients that during their session is the only time during the week that they don’t think, they are able to be “empty headed” as one patient told me. They love the peace it brings to their day.

Reiki is relaxing, Reiki lowers stress levels, blood pressure, and heart rate.

Some of my clients do not take care of themselves, they are always doing things for others, Reiki allows them to receive and to be nurtured, without being manipulated.  Massage is great for relaxation too, but I have heard of too many people being hurt or having an unsatisfying experience.  I also have some male friends who fear Reiki because they might get excited like they do getting a massage.  Reiki is non evasive, you do not even have to be touched at all.  Most guys I have for clients take a nap while I work. 

Imagine that taking a nap is a quiet area with soothing music and the only subject is you.   I won’t lie the first few times I had Reiki that experience was so new to me I just cried.  A whole ½ hour just for me?

Traditionally Reiki works with your bodies energy field, thoughts, pain, anger, and depression all hang out in your energy field. Many of the symptoms we have from an illness can be relieved with Reiki. 

Reiki helps to move the energy around and provide respite from your symptoms.  There have been cases in which Reiki has stopped pain for good or assisted in removing tumors, but I do not focus on those statistics.  If you would like more information on that I am sure I can dig some up.  To me what is more important is what Reiki can do for you now.  Today.

Reiki can bring a sense of peace to the chaotic, it can bring hope to the darkness, and it always brings love.  Reiki brings focus and awareness. 

Reiki can be used to help your kids, plants, your pets, and your living space. 

I am hoping this gives you a better idea, if not simply put Reiki is all about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment