Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Outside


"Someday we’ll find it the rainbow connection the lovers the dreamers  and me."  Kermit the frog, well Jim Henson and whomever wrote the song anyway this song was in my head as I sat to write the other day.

February 4, 2012 

Tonight I was walking my mom’s new puppy, the one I surprised her with and thought, how long has it been since I was standing in my back yard looking up at the full moon and seeing my old pal Orion up in the night sky the moon light was so pretty shining through the trees in my back woods.  It was lovely.

When I was younger, in High School, I used to fall asleep on my car or in the yard looking up at the night sky. Especially in the winter when the sky is so crisp and clear.  OK OK for that reason and there are also less bugs.  I dislike bugs that bite.

Anyway I love the moments when I realize I am doing something that I have always loved to do.  Like today when we were outside and my daughter took off her shoes to stand in the moss.  It is something I was showing her in the spring and with this unseasonably warm winter the mood struck her today so we stood in the moss for a bit and felt brand new. 

The pool we got installed last summer also draws me out into the yard to refresh and recharge.  Heck I even raked today and for those who know me know I am not huge into physical labor J.  Point is on the days that I feel crabby or that my energy is low, there is always a call to my back yard.  I love my back yard. 

Today I looked at my garden bed and realized I need to clean that out next, spring is coming!

Blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment