Thursday, February 24, 2011

Reiki and My Ankle

There are about five other things I am supposed to be doing right now, but I was hit with an inspiration to write about Reiki and my ankle. 

It occurred to me as I talk more about Reiki and holding Reiki Sessions, that people still think of Reiki as a physical healing modality, and it can be, it also balances out energetic bodies, but I feel Reiki is more of a thought/feeling healing modality. It delievers what is best for each.  It almost always provides relaxation and stress relief.

A perfect example of someone getting what is needed is my ankle.  The circumstances surrounding my ankle break are strange.  I was at work that night, a week or so out from a breast biopsy (which was fine) I was trying to be cautious of the activites I participated in.  We had been at the field playing soccer with anther group of girls and I participated but only as much as necessary.  I was being cautious.  I did not want to hurt my biopsy site, it was still very tender. 

About and hour later, after returning from a trip to the medical center with my students, it was time to take out the trash, no one would assist or come with me.  So off I went to walk across the lot with the trash. The trash was light or I would not have done it otherwise.

I no sooner walked out of the house and took about 3-4 strides, and down I went.  I flew forward with such force that I scaped my hands and knees.  My head landed on the trash bag.  I looked around and I was alone.  No one was around it was dark and man what an a$$ I felt like! I have no idea why I fell and any attempt I make to think about it, does not help me in figuring it in a way others would understand (although I have my own ideas)

I finished over 2 hours of my shift, including 45 minutes with a volatile student, on my feet with no backup and ice in my sock.  I drove home and by the time I went to bed it looked like someone blew up my foot. I remember my husband telling me there was no way I broke it becasue it would be too painful to walk on.   The next morning I couldn't walk on it.

I went to the ER and left with the knowledge that I had broke my fibula.  That was 4 months ago.  The bone is just starting to grow in.  I still have not been able to pivot, jump, or run.  The muscles around it are weak but not permanently damaged. I am still working on that and range of motion.  I have not been cleared to go back to the job that I was doing.  I am still not sure when exactly that will happen. Some people would have been better by now.  Some people may have returned to that job by now.  Some people, but they are not me. 


Wow long story......

I have heard comments such as, why don't you Reiki yourself etc.  I do, I do all of the time.  I also receive it when I am in a session with others.  Reiki is a part of my daily life and the Universe knows what is best for me.  I trust that.  It has helped immensely with pain management and more so in driving me in the direction of my dreams.

It has given me a great understanding of who I am and what I want to do, as well as opened many doors to assist in me getting there.  It has helped me to understand what is truly important in my life, why I have always felt so different and helped me learn new ways in viewing my past, my present, and my future. 

People have been telling me for years and years about my energy and offered guidance on how and what I should be pursuing, and I never really heard it clearly until I broke my ankle. 

So my ankle may not be 100% but I sure am and I truly believe that it is a direct result of my Reiki work. 

I surely hope this turns more people onto Reiki than away from Reiki, but I think it was time for me to write this all down. To say it out loud.  There was something divine in me falling that day.

I also think I am writing this for me, becasue I finally understand, I may not be able to assist in shrinking ever tumor I come across, healing every broken heart, or need to be afraid that Reiki will not help someone, becasue it always, always does. 

Reiki does for each person what that person needs.  It can give you peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment